Exceptional sound absorption with outstanding fireproofing
SonicSorber is a sound-absorbing acoustic soundproofing foam panel, consisting of a unique acoustically tuned fireproof sound-absorbing facing over an environmentally friendly acoustic foam sheet. The facing is neither ignitable nor flammable, and has high-temperature resistance of up to 550ºC.
Traditional fireproof facing materials have few acoustic properties in comparison to SonicSorber acoustic foam panel, which features an acoustic facing that is engineered to maximise sound absorption at low to mid frequencies. The fireproof acoustic panel is thermally-bonded, providing exceptional sound absorption.
SonicSorber fireproof acoustic soundproof foam can withstand hot and humid conditions. Thanks to this excellent durability, the product also lasts longer, reducing the frequency of replacements.
SonicSorber fireproof acoustic foam panels are ideal for:
- Generator enclosures.
- Marine engine rooms.
- Acoustic lining for HVAC ductwork.
- Acoustic infill for silencers and louvres.
- Commercial and industrial buildings, such as factories, sports halls, pump rooms, control rooms and so on.
SonicSorber is available in various thicknesses and lengths: 25mm, 50mm, and 100mm thick sheets. Sheet sizes are 1200mm x 2400mm or 1200mm x 2400mm.
When exposed to fire, SonicSorber offers no ignition, no spread of flame, and no drip. SonicSorber has Building Code Australia (BCA) Group 1 fire rating per AS5637.1-2015 and ISO 5660 Group 1 fire classification.
Other acoustic foams also available on request include plain panels without the facing, and a PU (Polyurethane) faced option.
The benefits of SonicSorber acoustic soundproof foam
- Fireproof/fire resistance facing.
- High-temperature resistance facing material.
- Designed for maximum noise absorption at low to mid frequencies (125Hz – 1,000Hz).
- Sturdy and durable facing, which is resistant to liquids, dust, and sprays.
- Environmentally friendly with 100% recyclable acoustic polyester wool, FM or FG foams.
- Long service life, i.e., will not deteriorate when exposed to hot and humid conditions.
- No Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) issues.
- Easy to install, i.e. low installation costs.
- Low maintenance cost.